Sword or Esper?
Mike
Prince Vendetta
star6star6

Post Mar 31st 2002 at 8:22 pm
Okay, in FFVI, did you pick the Ragnarok sword, or the esper? I chose the esper because I was pretty sure I wasn't going to get around to uncursing the cursed shield, and I wanted Ultima badly. Is the sword really good, or will I be fine without it? Confused

"In a tree by the brook, there's a songbird who sings, sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven"
"There's a feeling I get, when I look to the west, and my spirit is crying for leaving."
"And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul. "
"and a new day will dawn for those who stand long and the forests will echo with laughter."
"In my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees,
And the voices of those who standing looking."

Gamerboards
Storm
Administrator
Dragon Master

adminflash

Post Mar 31st 2002 at 8:29 pm
Yeah, I picked the stone too, I just wanted to have everyone learn ultima, and morphing enemies to get rare items is cool too!

Mike
Prince Vendetta
star6star6

Post Mar 31st 2002 at 8:31 pm
well, It could be, if the darn thing ever worked Smile, although I haven't tried to use it a whole lot...maybe I'll get it to morph something, someday.

"In a tree by the brook, there's a songbird who sings, sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven"
"There's a feeling I get, when I look to the west, and my spirit is crying for leaving."
"And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul. "
"and a new day will dawn for those who stand long and the forests will echo with laughter."
"In my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees,
And the voices of those who standing looking."

Gamerboards
Thiorn
Super Moderator
Archangel Lord of the Planeswalkers

bluestarbluestarbluestarbluestarbluestar

Post Apr 1st 2002 at 3:44 am
I belive the first time i choose the stone.That because i always choose the thing that sounds worse in a game, for the simple reason that the option that sounds weaker tend to be the better.

Power will not give you what you need, it will give you what you want.

Evil Zero
greenstargreenstargreenstargreenstargreenstar

Post Apr 1st 2002 at 1:32 pm
I picked the stone just b/c I did nothave any use for the sword. The next time I played I got the sword and now I am trying to get the shild un curse it is about223 battles done. I allmost got it and It is takeing along time.

Thiorn
Super Moderator
Archangel Lord of the Planeswalkers

bluestarbluestarbluestarbluestarbluestar

Post Apr 1st 2002 at 3:36 pm
If you want to uncurse the shield with less problems, equip a Ribbon to the character using the shield.

Power will not give you what you need, it will give you what you want.

Lank220
star6

Post Apr 1st 2002 at 5:26 pm
Big Grinie:
ok, if you take the sword and bet it at the coloseam. you fight a relatively tough kid, so get sabin, give him the offering and the ginji glove and 2 good claws. this will have him attacking 8 times in a row. after you kill the moster you get the sword illuminus, witch does 9999 damnage every time. always get the sword, if you put somebody with the offering and this, you will kill very fast. as for ultima, get the shild and give the person who is breaking it in a ribbon, then go to the island where you found the blonde at the start of the second act. yeah the one with the bunnies this will keep everything simple and killer. i had edgar useing the ultima shild and illuminus and killed kefka in about 5 min. goodluck and happy hunting

make today glorious, there might be no tommorow
Evil Zero
greenstargreenstargreenstargreenstargreenstar

Post Apr 2nd 2002 at 12:40 am
I have allready put the ribbin on formt he start it just takes so long for 255 battles whith it. but if you are in a hard place you will be very strong then yuo do not even need the swoard

kmfdm_kid2000
DIRECTOR
One Winged Angel
Spooky Kid

adminflash

Post Apr 5th 2002 at 8:33 pm
I'm a Cheater...I Hex editted the best Swords in both hands of all of my guys from the beginning of the game...

MUSIC! CLICK!

KMFDM better than the best, Megalomenaiacal & harder than the rest!